What is Content?
In the context of online content management, content can refer to articles, website or product copy, press releases, blog posts, social media posts, and digital media.
All of these types of content serve to inform potential clients about your products and services, create buzz and hype for your brand, and market your products or services.
What Does Content Management Mean?
A content manager’s responsibilities can vary depending on what you need.
Some business owners prefer to write their own content but have a content manager schedule, publish, or network that content.
Some business owners prefer to leave the collection, management, scheduling, and publishing of content to their content manager.
It is up to you to decide what you want your content management team to do for you, but the more you are able to hand off to them, the more time you will have on your hands for the more executive responsibilities.
What Does a Content Manager Do?
Again, what your content manager does for you depends on what you desire from them, but some of the services that a content manager provides include:
- Discovery or creation of content
- Editing content
- Organization of content
- Scheduling of content
- Archiving content
- Content keyword research
- Sharing and networking of content
- Posting of content to relevant forums and communities
- Management of commenting and feedback on content
- Analysis of content performance
- Optimization of content for mobile access
- Update and management of content management systems
How Does Content Management Help Your Small Business?
Content management through a content manager helps your business in countless ways.
When you share regular optimized unique content, interact with potential clients, grow your audience and social networks, and increase confidence in your brand your clients and potential clients are less likely to forget you exist and more likely to purchase your brand. Improved sales are, of course, a huge benefit for the growth of your company!
Why Hire a Content Management Service?
In addition to the benefits noted above, hiring a content management service will:
- Save you time as a business owner because you no longer have to curate content.
- Save you money as you get the added bonus of increased exposure without an increase in marketing budget.
- Improve the quality of your content due to the experience of your content manager.
- Improve the response to your content by utilizing professional content research and publishing tools.
Could Your Business Benefit From a Content Management Professional?
If you are convinced that a content management professional could help to grow your business and take some of the more menial tasks off your plate consider one of our content management packages.